Junior Leadership Greer
Check out Junior Leadership Greer's Outdoor Adventure Day!
Junior Leadership Greer is an exciting program for high school sophomores and juniors designed to develop informed, committed, and qualified young people capable of providing dynamic leadership in their schools and in the Greer Community as they grow and mature into adulthood.
Since 1989, the purpose of Junior Leadership Greer has been to:
- Identify and select potential leaders from students in the Greater Greer Area schools
- Stimulate students' awareness of needs within the Greater Greer Community
- Develop a spirit of cooperation among students
- Create a sense of understanding between students and community leaders
- Identify opportunities for community involvement
In addition to Orientation and Graduation, Junior Leadership Greer Class will meet for seven full-day sessions, one per month, between September and May. Sessions will generally run from 8:00am to 3:30pm. The students' schools approve absences for participation in the program sessions.
The sessions include:
- Outdoor Adventure
- Youth Personality Profile
- History of Greer
- Human Services
- Economic Development
- State Government
- Local Government/Public Service
Four rising tenth and eleventh grade students are selected from each of the six participating area high schools:
- Blue Ridge High School
- Byrnes High School
- Eastside High School
- Greer High School
- Greer Middle College Charter High School
- Riverside High School
Four students who attend private schools or are homeschooled who would otherwise attend one of the above schools are also eligible.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2017-2018 Junior Leadership Program. Applications will be available in January 2018 for the class that will begin in the fall of 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Lynn Pascazio (email@example.com).
Tuition and Scholarships:
Tuition for Junior Leadership Greer is $100 per participant. Scholarships are occasionally awarded on the basis of financial need.
For additional information, please contact Lynn Pascazio (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (864) 877-3131, ext. 106