Make Greer Great Grant
The Greater Greer community is your community and this is your chance to make it great! Introducing the “Make Greer Great Grant” program through the Partnership for Tomorrow. Do you or your organization have an idea that will make Greer a better place? This program is designed to support projects or ideas and help turn them into reality. As a reimbursement grant opportunity, the goal is to allow for individuals and groups to improve Greer in a variety of ways.
In order to be considered, please apply below. All project must be completed by May 31, 2019. Funds Expended before notice of grant award are not eligible for reimbursement. All applications must be received by November 2, 2018 in order to be considered.
Thank you for your interest and commitment to our community; let’s make it great together!
What is the Partnership For Tomorrow (PFT)?
The PFT is a community initiative for the future of Greer. The PFT was formed in 1998 by a concerned group of business, civic, government and community leaders to address the issues and concerns related to the growth of the Greater Greer community and the opportunities it would bring to the area. With significant and positive results of their first three five-year plans, the Board of Trustees of the PFT iscontinuing their work with a new Strategic Plan to guide their actions over the next five years, and encouraging continued and increased participation of corporate, community and government leaders in meeting the future needs of the Greater Greer community.
What is the mission of the Partnership For Tomorrow?
The mission of the PFT is to provide the City of Greer and surrounding areas with the resources necessary to address a variety of issues that will benefit our community and make Greer a better place to live and work.
More about the Grant:
- This is a reimbursement grant program and the receipt of grant funds is dependent upon completion of the project that is approved. Successful grant recipients will be reimbursed not later than June 30, 2019.
- Grant funds cannot be reimbursed for any work that is performed before the grant is awarded and the project is approved. Announcements to grant recipients are anticipated to occur on December 3, 2018.
- Grant award recipients will be determined by a Grant Review Committee appointed by the Partnership for Tomorrow Board of Trustees.
- Grant dollars must be used to benefit the greater Greer community as determined by the Grant Review Committee
- There are no restrictions on the programs or items for which grant funding is requested so long as the result is that the grant recipient uses the funding to make Greer a better place to live, to work, to raise a family, to worship, or to visit.
- Any expenditures made before being notified that a grant will be awarded are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Total Grant Pool: $12,000
- Maximum Grant Award: $3,000
- No match is required, but the Grant Review Committee may consider financial and in-kind match amounts offered in determining grant recipients.
- The Grant Review Committee, in its sole discretion, will determine the methodology for selecting grant award recipients.
- The Grant Review Committee, in its sole discretion, may make partial grant awards or no awards at all.
- Grant award recipients must agree to indemnify and to hold harmless the Partnership for Tomorrow, its Board of Trustees, its contributors, and all affiliated organizations and individuals against any claims, known or unknown, arising out of the use of grant funding.
- Grant award recipients that fail to meet the deadline for submitting documentation for reimbursement, or otherwise fail to comply with the instructions of the Grant Review Committee, forfeit their grant award regardless of any expenditures made.
- Grant applications are due not later than November 2, 2018 and may be submitted via email, online, mail, or in person to the following:
Partnership for Tomorrow
Attn: Make Greer Great Grant
111-B S. Main St.
Greer, SC 29650