It?s Loud, It?s in Your Face and You?ll be Bouncing Off the Walls!
August 9, 2011
While most Chambers of Commerce struggle through their annual membership drive, the Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce will host a ‘Membership Event’ called “Tune Into Greer” that is like none other. For two and a half days, over 100 volunteers will work against the clock and against each other to sign up new chamber members and create a greater community awareness of the important role of the Chamber of Commerce. The event is organized by Jimmy Cusano and a group called Your Chamber Connection. Their specialty is high energy membership campaigns that allow volunteers to conduct ‘out of the box’ membership fun while building the membership base.
“It’s about business,” says Event guru, Cusano. “The Chamber of Commerce is the business community. This brings everyone together to build our chamber. It’s a membership-based organization and most people don’t like ‘membership drives.’ With a Membership Event they come together in a competitive fun setting and tell the chamber story. When others hear about everything the chamber does, all of a sudden you have a great deal of enthusiasm for the chamber, and a great deal of support.”
The Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce invites the community to “Tune Into Greer” and take notice of the exciting things Greer has to offer. The campaign will take place September 20-22. An investment in the Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce helps equip the Chamber to continue to provide networking, business and advertising opportunities for members while maintaining Greer as the best place to live, work, and play. Members are encouraged to help with the campaign by sharing their story with clients, vendors, business partners and friends. Businesses who are not members are encouraged to ‘tune in’ and see all of the benefits.
Some highlighted benefits of membership in the Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce include:
- Health Insurance and office supplies discounts through the Bottom Line Benefits Program
- President’s Patrol Video on YouTube, Sent out in E-Connection, and featured on the website
- Complimentary Member Profile in Business Progress Publication
- Free 94.5 WMUU radio spot
- Community Journal Ads for discounted rate
- Access to over 95 networking events
- Ribbon cutting or relocation ceremony
- Listing on the Chamber website with link
- Inclusion in the Chamber’s Referral Program and utilization of promotional display in the Chamber lobby
- Monthly small business consultation
- Member to Member discount program
- Member Calendar on website
- Leadership Development opportunities
- Personal Lobbyist who represents your business in Columbia
For any questions about the Membership Event, please contact the Greater Greer Chamber at (864) 877-3131.
The Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary, non-profit organization that represents approximately 500 businesses in the Greer area. The mission of the Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce is “To Champion Economic Prosperity for our members and the greater Greer community.” For more information on the Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce, call 864-877-3131 or visit www.greerchamber.com.