Menu Announced for Upcoming Village Hospital Greer Family Fest!
April 16, 2010
The Village Hospital Greer Family Fest presented by the City of Greer and the Greer Citizen is pleased to announce the festival menu for the 26th annual event coming up on April 30 and May 1 throughout downtown Greer.
“One of the biggest draws of the festival is the variety of food we offer and this year will be no different,” stated Rudy Painter, Chairman of the Village Hospital Greer Family Fest, “We have everything from barbeque and hot dogs to cotton candy and blooming onions. Our goal is to have something for everyone who attends.”
Tickets are the currency for the event and will be sold at Ticket Booths throughout the festival site. One ticket equals $1. The majority of the food will be located in the new Bloom Food Court located in Greer City Park.
• Asian Grill: Grilled Chicken on Stick, Grilled Chicken and Rice, Chicken/Shrimp Fried Rice, Veggie Fried Rice, Egg Roll, Lemonade
• Dawgs on Pelham: Hot Dog, Kraut Dog, Slaw Dog, Relish Dog, Chips, Tea
• Dickey’s BBQ Pit: BBQ Sandwich(Pork or Brisket), BBQ Beans, Cole Slaw, Chips, Tea, Lemonade
• Eagle Kettle Korn: Kettle Korn - small and large
• Game Time Concessions: Sno-cones, Cotton Candy, Lemonade
• The Great Bay Oyster House: Pronto Pups, Beignets, Tea and Lemonade
• Gripps Grills: Funnel Cakes, Foot-Long Corn Dogs, Tropical Lemonade, Shaved Ice
• Jam Concessions: Deep-fried Oreos, Deep-fried Cheesecake, Dutch Funnel Cakes, Fruit Toppings
• JDP Concessions: Italian Ice, Nachos with Cheese, Soft Pretzel, Apple Chips with Caramel
• McDaniel’s Arepas: Arepas – Pot Roast, Chicken or Tuna Salad, Empanada – Pot Roast or Chicken, Lemonade
• Moe’s Southwest Grill: Chips – Kaiser Salsa, Iced Tea, Nachos with Queso, Mini Quesadilla, Mini Burritos, Nachos with Queso
• Na’cho Usual: Loaded Beef Nachos, BBQ Chicken Nachos, Caribbean Jerk Chicken Nachos, Buffalo Chicken Nachos, Southwest Veggie Nachos, Spinach and Artichoke Nachos
• Nutty Bavarian: Roasted Almonds, Peanuts, Pecans, Macadamias, Cashews, Flavored Popcorn
• Pirate Concessions: Blooming Onions, Shaved Ice, Sweet Tea, Lemonade
Event times are Friday, April 30th (6-10pm) and Saturday, May 1st (10am-10pm). The festival is FREE to the public! Tickets for food, beverage and children’s rides can be purchased on site; craft vendors sales are cash transactions. The event is alcohol-free, and pets, coolers, skateboards and bicycles are not allowed in the event site.
The two-day event features music on the Garfield Main Stage, the BMW Manufacturing Co. Amphitheater Stage, and the Dick Ploof Community Stage, Children’s Parade and Anne Helton Creation Station presented by Mitsubishi, Mitsubishi KidsZone, the Bloom Food Court, Friday Night Family Movie, and over 75 arts and crafts vendors.
A great group of corporate partners have joined the 2010 Village Hospital Family Festival to support the Greer Community for the 26th Annual event:
Title Sponsor: Village Hospital
Presenting Sponsors: City of Greer, The Greer Citizen
Official Festival Beverage: Pepsi
Food Court Sponsor: Bloom
KidsZone/Creation Station Sponsor: Mitsubishi Polyester Film
Volunteer T-Shirt and Train Sponsor: Citizens Building & Loan
Official Hotel of the Festival: The Marriott
Amphitheater Stage Sponsor: BMW Manufacturing Co.
Patron Sponsors: Langford Electric, SYS Constructors
Bass Tournament Presenting Sponsor: Greer Commission of Public Works
Friend of the Festival: Wood Mortuary
Media Sponsor: Greater Greer News
The event website (www.greerfamilyfest.com) is the central location for complete event information.
The Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary, non-profit organization that represents approximately 600 businesses in the Greer area. The mission of the Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce is “To Champion Economic Prosperity for our members and the greater Greer community.” For more information on the Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce, call 864-877-3131 or visit www.greerchamber.com.